Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Some quotes that have helped shape me...


"To fail is not our greatest fear. Our greatest fear is to succeed at things that don't matter." --Francis Chan

"And everything that was gold suddenly didn't sparkle so brightly...” -- THS "Basketball Wives"

“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in your weakness.” – 2 Corinthians 12:9

“If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ.” – Galatians 1:10

“The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be”
-- Marcel Pagnol

“Find a guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot, who calls you back when you hang up on him, who will stay awake just to watch you sleep. Wait for the guy who kisses your forehead, who wants to show you off to the world when you are in your sweats, who holds your hand in front of his friends, Wait for the one who is constantly reminding you of how much he cares about you and how lucky he is to have you. Wait for the one who turns to his friends and says, ‘...that's her.’” – Unknown

"It's that moment when complete silence washes your mind of even conscious thought that you realize once again, some people aren't to be trusted." –LC

"Success is going from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm." --Winston Churchill

“They asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "happy". They told me I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life.” – Some five year old

“The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.” – Samuel Johnson

“When you speak, you're just repeating what you already know. But when you listen, you may learn something new.” – Unknown

“When you’re in a hole it’s generally a good idea to stop digging… stop doing the same reckless stuff that got you in trouble in the first place.” –Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment